- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Bridge and Culvert Inspection Visual Assessments Cape Town 13 – 14 July 2021
SARF Cape Town
and Introduction to Bridge Management (COTO Structures Subcommittee Approved Course)
This accredited course is aimed at all that are actively involved in bridge management from client bodies to consulting engineer personnel that have to do bridge or culvert inspections. The course is be based on the TMH19 DER method for bridge and culvert inspections, which is used by national, provincial, and municipal authorities. The DER system of inspections is the compulsory inspection method to be used by all road authorities if they wish to access Treasury funding for maintenance of road structures. The course is open to all, but specifically aimed at those who want to do bridge and culvert inspections for state road authorities.
The course is also essential to those working in road authorities who manage a BMS or administer consultants that do bridge and culvert inspections for their authority.
Attendance of this course and passing the exam is one of the requirements of the Committee of Transport Officials’ (COTO) Structures Subcommittee to be accredited as a bridge or culvert inspector. All the requirements for accreditation as a bridge or culvert inspector are contained in TMH19 Part A, which can be downloaded from SANRAL’s website using the following link:
Please note that attendance of this course and passing the exam only does not result in accreditation, as candidates have to apply separately for accreditation and proof that they have the requisite qualifications, experience and meet all the requirements.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to Bridge Project Management
- The DER rating system
- Visual Assessment Guide
- Site visit and bridge calibration inspection and exam
Presenters: Dr. Paul Nordengen, Mr. Michael Roux and Peter Fenton
Delegates can claim 2 ESCA CPD Points and SACMCMP 16 CPD hours allocatedBridge Culvert Inspection Cape Town July 2021