- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Construction Regulations (OHS)- A Legal Perceptive 6 – 7 October 2021
This two-day course provides a legal perspective on construction regulations and legal liability in relation to the OHSA. The Course Objectives are to be familiar with the Basic Principles of the Sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (“OHSA”). Be familiar with the Construction Regulations and with the other applicable Regulations made under the OHSA. All role players to be familiar with their roles and responsibilities as stipulated under the OHSA.
The course covers:
LEGAL LIABILITY OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHSA)
Aim of legislation; Self- regulation principle; Common Law; Statutory Law; Vicarious Liability; Reasonable Practicable; Negligence; Intention; Criminal Liability, and Appointments.
Responsibilities of: Employers; Employees; Manufacturers; Contractors and Other Persons as stipulated under the OHSA.
Health and Safety Representatives and Committees; Inquiries; Duty not to interfere misuse things; Certain Deductions Prohibited; Health and Safety Standards; Inspectors Powers; Section 30 Notices; Offences; Penalties and Special Orders. South African Case Law and Practical Workshop.
Aim of legislation; Self- Regulation Principle; Common Law; Statutory Law; Vicarious Liability;
Reasonable Practicable; Negligence; Intention; Criminal Liability; Definitions, Application and Notification.
Responsibilities (duties) of Client; Designer; Principal Contractor; Contractor; Manager; Supervisor; and Safety Officer.
Risk Assessment; Fall Protection; Structure; Temporary Work; Excavation; Demolition; Tunnel; Scaffold: Suspended Platform; Rope Access; Material Hoist; Bulk Plant; Explosive device; Crane; Construction Vehicles and Plant; Electrical Installations; Temporary Storage of Flammable Liquid; Water Environment; Housekeeping; Stacking; Fire Precaution; Facility; Section 30 Notices; Offences, Penalties, Special Orders and Appointments. South African Case Law.
Presenter: Cecil Townsend Naude (B PROC UNISA)
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD PointsConstruction Regulations A Legal Perspective (OHS) October 2021