- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Design, Application & Construction of Surfacing Seals Cape Town 12 – 14 May 2020 (3 days)
SARF Cape Town , Cape Town
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course will provide practitioners with an insight into the design, construction and application of surfacing seals for roads. The course covers all aspects of seal design for conventional and modified binders using the revised TRH 3 and provides practical hints on application and construction of surfacing seals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendance of the course would be beneficial to practitioners representing road authorities, consulting engineers, contractors and suppliers involved in the design and construction of surfacing seals for roads, and is targeted at practitioners operating at NQF level 5 and above.
The fee includes a bound set of notes, references and light refreshments during the day.
The course programme will include:
- Pavement deterioration and need for maintenance;
- Condition assessment;
- Project identification and prioritization;
- Binders and materials;
- Selection of appropriate measures;
- Seal design principles;
- Workshop using TRH3;
- Labour intensive seals;
- Geotextile seals;
- Basic site control.
- An overview of surfacing equipment;
- Types of surface treatments;
- Planning and preparation for surface treatments;
- Operation and calibration of binder distributors;
- Performance of surfacing seals;
- Surfacing techniques;
- Weather limitations;
- Conversion factors, formulae and calculations;
- Basic site control.
Presenter Mr G van Zyl
Delegates can claim 3 ECSA CPD point or SACPCMP 15 CPD hoursDAC Surfacing Seals Cape Town May 2020