Estimating, Costing and Pricing of Construction Tenders 11th November 2021
ERROL TATE – Contract Experience
Errol Tate has 39 years’ experience in the Civil Engineering Construction Industry, incorporating both construction and design. He was an Operations Director of one of the large listed Construction companies for 17 years and in that time, successfully delivered several World Class projects.
He has been intimately involved in many forms of contract in various jurisdictions, bespoke conditions of contract, various forms of specifications and methods of measurement and client specific specifications.
B.Sc. Eng (Civil), University of Natal, 1980
MBA, University of Durban-Westville, 1998
Certificate in Construction Adjudication, University of Pretoria, 2014
- The importance of estimating as construction skill.
- The fundamentals of estimating – the necessary information and tender documentation, drawings, Scope of Works and Bill of quantities.
- The New PPPFA Regulations
- The tools required – plant costs, performance figures, productivity records, references, etc.
- The calculation of direct costs – examples of cost and rates computation.
- The significance and calculation of P&G items.
- The tender programme & the link with pricing of P & G items.
- The assessment of on- and off-site overheads.
- The role and input of sub-contractors.
- Finalisation of a tender and distribution of mark-up.
- The preparation of the final tender document.
- Assessment of risk at tender stage
- Risk & opportunity management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendance of the course will be beneficial to all practitioners involved in Estimating, Costing and Pricing of Construction tenders, consulting engineers, contractors, sub-contractors, SMMEs and QSEs tendering and pricing departments.
Presenter: Errol Tate (Pr Eng)
Delegates can claim 1 ECSA CPD point or 3 SACPCMP hours allocatedEstimating Costing and Pricing of Construction Tenders 11 November 2021