- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
HDM4 (Highway Development and Management) 6 – 7 October 2021
(2 days) Local & International
The Highway Development and Management package (HDM-4) is a Windows based updated version of the highly popular and extensively used HDM-III planning model. HDM-4 was released at the end of January 2000, and subsequently improvements were made and version 2.0 was released in 2005, and developments and updates are continuing, including in South Africa. It was developed by international groups, particularly the World Bank, under the coordination of the University of Birmingham. This package forms the evaluation engine of many pavement management systems around the world, including the Asset Management system being used by provincial and metropolitan authorities in South Africa. Having attended the “Training-the-trainer” course Prof Visser is accredited to run training courses.
The objective of the course is to provide hands-on experience and training with using HDM-4 and analysing the results. Background to the structure and models will also be provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers, economists and technologists who would be involved in project analyses or road management functions would benefit from this course. Prior knowledge of road management is not required, but knowledge of working in the Windows environment would be essential.
AVAILABILITY OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
The HDM-4 products consist of the HDM-4 software, example case study data sets, and the HDM Series of documents. This is available on www.hdmglobal.com. Delegates should use a PC or desk top computer, which runs on Windows XP or Windows 10 (preferred). HDM-4 will be installed on the delegates’ computer; delegates who have purchased the package will have the full version, whereas other delegates will receive the limited scope demonstration version at no cost. Some company computers may require administrator rights for installation.
Presenters: Prof Alex Visser
Delegates can claim 2 ESCA CPD point
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.