- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
How to use the NEW COTO SPECIFICATION to enhance labour on ALL projects 12 October 2021
The new COTO Standard Specifications for Roads and Bridge Works (October 2020) will be mandatory for use in procurement documents advertised as from the 1 March 2020.The new COTO Specifications covers conventional and labour enhanced activities and technologies in one and the same document. This course will explain how to use the specifications to achieve the project labour goals. The course will cover the specifications and measurement of labour enhanced technologies and activities and explain how to compile a tender document for various degrees of labour intensity. The total spectrum (from Chapter 1 to Chapter 20 in the new COTO Specification) of road and bridge structures will be covered in the course.
Presenter: Mr. Johan Hattingh (Director; PHB engineers (Pty) Ltd
Johan has extensive experience with the construction of labour enhanced technologies as well as the practical implementation of policies towards job creation in the construction industry. He founded the Macadam Franchise Company in 1999 and was instrumental to the application of the Slurrybound Macadam (SBM) technology as surfacing on more than 400km roads and streets.
He completed his Master’s degree in 2012, based on the research and development of the SBM technology. Apart from his leading role towards “Transforming the Industry to create job opportunities” by the NDoT under the S’Hamba Sonke Programme, he made significant contributions as a member of the COTO-committee with the drafting of labour enhanced technologies in the new COTO Specifications. He published several papers and was co-author on “Best Practice Guidelines, Papers and a Text Book on this subject.
Delegates can claim 1 ESCA CPD pointHow to use the NEW COTO SPECIFICATION to enhance labour on ALL projects 12 October 2021