- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Hydrological and Hydraulic Assessment course Gauteng 4 – 5 July 2022
(PLEASE NOTE: This course is only available in ZAR)
The objectives of the course are to reflect principles, standards and procedures applicable to the hydraulic design and assessment of drainage problems and provide guidance in solving drainage related problems. This will be achieved by reviewing the contents of the SANRAL Drainage Manual and reinforcing the understanding and application by problem-solving.
What will you learn?
Course attendees will gain a detailed understanding of:
- Flood hydrology and its application in South Africa;
- Basic hydraulics (flow regimes, controls and losses);
- Surface drainage (backwater calculations, run-off from roads kerbs, discharge channels, chutes and pipes);
- Lesser -, major culverts and bridges (what’s the difference);
- Storm water systems and flood routing;
- Assessing existing drainage structures (new design philosophy);
- What the true value of maintenance is; and
- Preparing and approval of documents and drawings for drainage structures (what is expected of the designer).
Persons in the planning, design and management of storm water related structures (novice to senior personnel and experts) would benefit from this course. In addition, those in management that set or implement policy for authorities would benefit from the course.
Prof. Fanie van Vuuren
Delegates can claim 2 ESCA CPD PointsHHA course flyer July 2022