Manage Labour Intensive Construction Project course 19 – 21 October 2020
This is a foundational course designed to enable public officials, consultants and contractors to have a better understanding and application of Labour Intensive Construction (LIC) philosophy, concepts, principles, techniques or to build on or to reinforce previous knowledge, skills and experience in LIC.
Demonstrate an understanding of Labour Intensive Construction documentation.
- The philosophy of Labour Intensive Construction is explained.
- LIC contract documents are explained in relation to LIC principles.
- LIC project documents and project-specific systems are implemented.
- The role and participation of local communities is explained.
- The concept and implementation of integrated environmental management is explained.
Apply Labour Intensive Construction Systems in projects.
- LIC activities are identified for a project according to LIC principles.
- LIC pre-planning is performed prior to commencement of works, according to LIC procedures.
- A site is established incorporating the LIC principles.
- Task norms are established and agreed for LIC project activities.
- LIC setting out and survey techniques are implemented.
- Systems for the measurement and recording of completed work tasks are applied according to LIC methods
Presenters: Mr. Craig Mowat
Delegates can claim 3 ECSA CPD pointsManage Labour Intensive Construction Projects Virtual October 2020