New 2021 Advanced Traffic Safety Officer Virtual 25 – 26 March 2021
The VIRTUAL NEW 2021 ADVANCED Traffic Safety Officer / Roadworks Traffic Management training programme aims to provide the delegate with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them within their role as TSO and or Designer to operate and design in compliance with legislation and demonstrate competency across a full range of required duties that they would be expected to carry out during a road works project. The presenter has 31 years’ experience as a professional practitioner in the field of traffic accommodation and as an expert witness in several high court cases.
Learn how to design a traffic accommodation design in compliance with legislation. Learn how to compile a method statement, traffic management plan (TMP), traffic control plan (TCP) and a safety control device management system. Gain a clear understanding of methods to identify dangerous roadside hazards and understand how to choose the correct option to correct the situation. Obtain an understanding of Work Zones & how they can be made safer for the motorist, worker, and pedestrians. Learn how to conduct a traffic accommodation road safety audit and collect data for possible future claims and court cases.
- The National Road Traffic, 1996 (Act 93 of 1996) and National Road Traffic Regulations, 2000
- South African Road Safety Manual
- SADC Road Traffic Signs Manual Volume 1 and 4
- SARTSM Volume 2 Chapter 13 (2015 Revision)
- SARTSM Volume 3 for Traffic Signals
- COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works (New 2021 Publication)
- SAQA Unit Standard SAQA Unit Standard 258923
- SAQA Unit Standard 14561-Implement Roadside Safety Procedures
- SANS Standards: 1519- (Signs retro-reflectivity), 1555-(delineators), 731- (road marking paint), 51317- (Barrier Containment Levels)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This intensive 2021 ADVANCED course is aimed at all Project Managers, Route Managers, Consultants, RRM Contractors, Traffic Safety Officers (TSO), Resident Engineers (RE), Sign Practitioners, Technologists, Technicians, SANRAL and other Project Managers, Site Supervisors and Safety Officers responsible for road safety and traffic management at road works construction sites.
Presenter Mr Andre Fabricius
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD points or SACPCMP 10 CPD Hours allocatedTraffic Safety Officer Roadworks Traffic Man VirtualTraining 25 – 26 March 2021