- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
NEW COTO Specifications – Ancillary Road Works Chapter 11: 13th July 2021
The new COTO Standard Specification for Road and Bridge Works for South African Road Authorities, October 2020 was approved by the Committee of Transport Officials as a Draft Standard and will be replacing the COLTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for State Road Authorities (1998 edition). COTO Standards Specifications consist of 20 chapters. This course will cover Chapter 11: Ancillary Roadworks.
Chapter 11: This course will cover all the different sections of the Ancillary Roadworks, highlighting changes to the COLTO Standard Specification including new sections like the Road Restraint Systems with its performance guarantee requirements
The course will familiarise practitioners with the new specifications, measurement and payment items of the different sections in Chapter 11, as well as related sections in other chapters.
Practical hints relevant to specifications will be provided.
The course programme will include:
- Overview of the COTO Specifications.
- Chapter 11: Ancillary Roadworks
- Section 11.1: Pitching, Stonework and Cast in-situ Concrete for Protection Against Erosion.
- Section 11.2: Non-Structural Gabions
- Section 11.3: Guide Blocks and Kilometer Markers
- Section 11.4: Road Restraint Systems
- Section 11.5: Fencing
- Section 11.6: Road Signs
- Section 11.7: Road Marking and Road Studs
- Section 11.8: Landscaping and Planting Plants
- Section 11.9: Finishing the Road Reserve and Treating Old Roads.
Presenter : Kobus van der Walt
Delegates can claim 1 ESCA CPD pointNew COTO Specifications Ancillary Road Works Chapter 13 July
Sorry, Event Expired