- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
New COTO Specifications Concrete Pavement Layers Chapters 6 & 7 – 14th – 15th October 2021
The new COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for South African Road Authorities, October 2020 were approved by the Committee of Transport Officials as a Draft Standard and will be replacing the COLTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for State Road Authorities (1998 edition).
SANRAL has already decided that the new COTO Standard Specifications (October 2020) will be mandatory for use in their procurement documents advertised as from 1 March 2021.
Both concrete pavements and concrete block pavements have been included in Chapter 6 of the new specifications entitled “Concrete Layers”. In addition, the new COTO Specifications have included a separate chapter, Chapter 7, entitled “Maintenance and Repair of Concrete Layers”. The structure is completely different to the old COLTO specification and material specifications have been revised; new materials are included and different construction techniques. New measurement and payment items have been created in both chapters. The course will familiarise practitioners with the new specifications and highlight significant changes between the old and new specifications and provide explanation of the new chapter on maintenance and repair
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendance of the course will be beneficial to all practitioners involved in road pavement design, investigation, construction and testing such as road authorities, consulting engineers, compilers of procurement documentation, contractors, tendering and pricing departments, and road laboratories. Commercial suppliers of concrete and concrete materials will also gain knowledge of the new material specifications.
Presenter: Mr. Bryan Perrie
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD points
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.