- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
NEW COTO Specifications For Road and Bridge Works Chapters 2 & 3 8th April 2021
The new COTO Standard Specification for Road and Bridge Works for South African Road Authorities, October 2020 was approved by the Committee of Transport Officials as a Draft Standard and will be replacing the COLTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for State Road Authorities (1998 edition). COTO Standards Specifications consist of 20 chapters. This course will cover Chapter 2: Services and Chapter 3: Drainage.
Chapter 2: Services is a total new chapter which covers different services found in the road reserve compared to the COLTO Specification which cover limited information on services.
Chapter 3: Drainage address both surface and subsurface drainage. Some of the specifications have been revised in the new document.
The course will familiarise practitioners with the changes to the COLTO Standard Specification, new specifications, measurement and payment items in these two chapters, as well as related sections in other chapters.
Practical hints relevant to specifications will be provided.
The course programme will include:
- Overview of the COTO Specifications.
- Chapter 2: Services
- Section 2.1: General Requirements and Trenching for Services
- Section 2.2: Dry Services
- Section 2.3: Wet Services
- Section 2.4: Energy and Other Services
- Chapter 3: Drainage
- Section 3.1 Drains
- Section 3.2 Culverts
- Section 3.3 Concrete Kerbing and Channeling, Asphalt Berms, Chutes, Down Pipes as well as Concrete, Stone Pitching and Gabion Lining for Open Drains
Presenters : Johan Hattingh and Kobus van der Walt
Delegates can claim 1 ESCA CPD pointNew COTO Specifications For Roads Bridge Works Chapters 2 3 April 2021_bj