- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
New COTO Specifications -Geotechnical Applications Chapter 12 – 1st – 2nd December 2021
The new COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for South African Road Authorities, October 2020 were approved by the Committee of Transport Officials as a Draft Standard and will be replacing the COLTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for State Authorities (1998 edition). Some of the new Specifications differ considerably from the COLTO Specifications and none more so than the Geotechnical Specifications of Chapter 12 which present a number of sub-chapters comprising new specification.
These will be presented over 2 days. The course will familiarise practitioners with the new Chapter 12 specifications, measurement and payment items. Significant changes to the COLTO 1998 edition will be advised but emphasis will be on new specification.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Attendance of the course will be beneficial to all practitioners involved in road pavement design, investigation, construction, and testing such as road authorities, consulting engineers, compilers of procurement documentation, contractors, tendering and pricing departments. Commercial suppliers of Geotechnical materials for earthworks and pavement layers will also gain knowledge of the new material specifications. SANRAL has already decided that the new COTO Standard Specifications (2020) will be mandatory for use in their procurement documents advertised as from 1 March 2021.
Presenters: Dr, G V Price, Alan Parrock,Louis Melis and Gerhard Fourie
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD points
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.