- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
New COTO Specifications :Quality Assurance Chapter 20 – 26th January 2022
Date and Time:
2022-01-26 08:00 - 16:30
About The Events
During the construction of most projects, control testing shall be conducted on materials and workmanship to monitor compliance with the requirements of the specifications. Tests, measurements, and inspections shall be carried out using manual, mechanical and electronic equipment on materials and workmanship before, during and after construction to ensure compliance with the quality requirements of the specifications.
This course will describe the schemes that are specified to ascertain compliance with the specification of certain materials properties and workmanship. This is achieved by means of tests and measurements, and, where applicable, by applying statistical judgement plans.
The contents of the course will focus mainly on the fundamental amendments and additional requirements introduced subsequent to the publishing of the 1998 Edition of the COTO Specifications which has now been replaced by the 2020 Edition.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendance of the course will be beneficial to all practitioners involved in road pavement design, investigation, construction and testing such as road authorities, consulting engineers, compilers of procurement documentation, contractors, tendering and pricing departments, and road laboratories. Commercial suppliers of materials for earthworks and pavement layers will also gain knowledge of the new material specifications.
SANRAL has already decided that the new COTO Standard Specifications (2020) will be mandatory for use in their procurement documents advertised as from 1 March 2021.
THE PROGRAMME WILL INCLUDE:
A20.1.3 TEST METHODS
A20.1.4 PUBLISHED TEST METHODS
A20.1.5 UNPUBLISHED TEST METHODS
A20.1.6 SPECIAL TEST METHODS
A20.1.7 ACCEPTANCE CONTROL BY STATISTICAL JUDGEMENT PRINCIPLES
PART B: LABOUR ENHANCED PROJECTS
PART C: MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
PART D: GUARANTEES AND COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATES WHERE APPLICABLE
Presenter : Mr. Dennis Rossmann
Delegates can claim 1 ECSA CPD pointNew COTO Specifications Chapter 20 Quality Assurance January 2022