- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
Professional Liability Issues For Engineering Services Consultants 25 – 26 April 2022
(PLEASE NOTE: This course is only available in ZAR)
In this world the engineering service consultants are facing increasing competition, project complexity and client demands for higher quality work, faster delivery of services, greater flexibility at lower cost and prices. Successful consultants realise that avoiding or mitigating legal liability issues is central to their reputational and financial survival.
This must attend workshop provides an overview of the law as it related to professional liability in contract and delict (tort) generally as well as on the practical issues facing the consultants over the entire life cycle of engineering projects.
- Understand the engineering service consultants’
- liabilities under the law of contract, as mandatary or agent
- vicarious liability and professional indemnities
- design liability
- liabilities when acting as a certifier, adjudicator or arbitrator
- need to unravel, understand, and interpret contract documentation
- need to do a legal risk assessment of their liabilities before binding themselves contractually.
Who this workshop is for:
- Engineering service consultants
- Built-environment profession consultants
- Consulting professionals
- Mandataries, Agents, Project Managers,
- Construction Management Teams
Your workshop is a qualified attorney and contracts consultant with extensive legal, consulting and training facilitation experience, in industry contracts such as GCC®, FIDIC®, NEC® & JBCC®. He provides contract consulting services on pre-award contracting risk, contract administration, claims and disputes adjudication and arbitration
Presenter Adv Gavin Weiman
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD pointsProfessional Liability Issues for Engineering Services Consultants April 2022 (CESA).doc
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.