- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
Road Pavement Rehabilitation International 1- 2 March 2023
(PLEASE NOTE: This course is only available in US$)
As the road infrastructure of South Africa is becoming older more surfaced roads are approaching the end of their design life and need to be rehabilitated to, at least, preserve part of the investment made in the infrastructure and to provide the road user with an acceptable road network free from hazards. It is accepted that routine road maintenance would be regularly carried out to protect the road and associated road elements from premature deterioration and failure. Even with the best routine maintenance the road pavement and other elements would deteriorate or be damaged in time due to a variety of factors of which the following are the most important:
- Traffic loading associated deterioration:
- Routine maintenance strategy.
- Environmental factors
- Geometric upgrading for higher traffic volumes
This course only gives an overview of strategies and procedures to be followed in road pavement rehabilitation. It is not the intention to be a comprehensive pavement design manual as this is a rather complicated and extensive subject on its own. It will, however, endeavour to point the participant in the right direction. References are given for the participant to make use of existing more sophisticated procedures currently in use in South Africa. The participant is encouraged to make use of these references and expertise currently specialising in certain aspects of pavement engineering.
Presenter Mr Mike White
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD point or SACPCMP 24 CPD hoursRoad Pavement Rehabilitation USD Virtual March 2023
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.