- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Understanding and Managing Road Safety Audits 1 – 2 December 2020
Why Road Safety Audits?
The toll from road crashes remains an important health and economic issue in South Africa. More than 14 000 people died in road crashes in 2016, with the long-term trend still showing no significant signs of improvement. An emphasis on preventative measures to reduce road safety risks on roads are required. Well-documented experience in Europe, Australia and elsewhere shows that Road Safety Audits are both effective and cost beneficial as a proactive safety improvement tool. This is reflected in the growing number of countries, both developed and developing, that have introduced Road Safety Audits.
The South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL)’s policy is to conduct road safety audits on all road improvement or new road projects. This is in line with the South African Road Safety Strategy 2016 which states that road safety audits should be made compulsory by all road authorities.
The first two-day course is aimed at
- professionals involved in road safety studies,
- professionals involved with road designs and maintenance,
- public sector officials responsible for the management, maintenance or provision of roads,
- law enforcers who need to gain an understanding of the purpose and scope of road safety audits and appraisals, or
- any individual vested in the management or betterment of road safety, interested in furthering their technical knowledge of the road safety field with a focus on the road environment itself.
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD points
Presenter: Dr. Louis Roodt PrEng and Mr. Andile Gqaji PrTech EngRoad Safety Audit 2 days Virtual December 2020
Sorry, Event Expired