- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
Urban Storm Water Management Design Construction 13 – 14 June 2023
ECSA CPD Service Provider Number: SP_035/2025
Curriculum vitae: Alaster Goyns
For 40 years he has been involved with many of the major outfall sewers in South Africa, initially when employed in the concrete pipe industry and subsequently as independent specialist consultant providing a service to larger consultants, contractors and pipe suppliers. Experience covers the development, introduction and launching of cementitious and inert lining systems for sewer pipes in South African market.
Managing Virginia Sewer Experiment (1999 – present) and a founding member of the study group (initiated 1987). Various pipe materials are being monitored and evaluated under extremely aggressive conditions. He has written several papers on the subject and has presented both locally (10+) and by invitation internationally (5).
He has acted as a specialist consultant on over 20 investigations of overloaded and deteriorated concrete and flexible pipes with diameters from 150 to over 2000 mm either due to excessive fill, problems with bedding conditions or durability issues where the necessary remedial measures were provided.
Since 1999 he has run his own specialist consultancy, Pipeline Installation & Professional Engineering Services, focused on gravity pipelines, trenchless technology and condition assessment for the full range of pipe materials used.
He has a Bsc Civil Eng (WITS) an MBL (UNISA) and is a registered Professional Engineer.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The target audience for this course will be for storm water and road designers. It will look at some theory, but will concentrate on the practical application.
Presenter Mr Alaster Goyns
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD points
Validation Number: SARF21/USMD-01/24
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.