- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Virtual New Advanced Traffic Safety Officer 1 – 2 October 2020
SARF Virtual ,
Roadworks Traffic Management Training Programme in Compliance with Legislation
(2 days) Local & International
The VIRTUAL NEW ADVANCED Traffic Safety Officer / Roadworks Traffic Management training programme aims to provide the delegate with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them within their role as TSO and or Designer to operate and design in compliance with legislation and demonstrate competency across a full range of required duties that they would be expected to carry out during a road works project. The presenter has 31 years’ experience as a professional practitioner in the field of traffic accommodation and as an expert witness in several high court cases.
Learn how to design a traffic accommodation design in compliance with legislation. Learn how to compile a method statement, traffic management plan(TMP), traffic control plan(TCP) and a safety control device management system. Gain a clear understanding of methods to identify dangerous roadside hazards and understand how to choose the correct option to correct the situation. Obtain an understanding of Work Zones & how they can be made safer for the motorist, worker, and pedestrians. Learn how to conduct a traffic accommodation road safety audit and collect data for possible future claims and court cases.
- The National Road Traffic, 1996 (Act 93 of 1996) and National Road Traffic Regulations, 2000
- South African Road Safety Manual
- SADC Road Traffic Signs Manual Volume 1 and 4
- SARTSM Volume 2 Chapter 13 (2015 Revision)
- SARTSM Volume 3 for Traffic Signals
- COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works
- SAQA Unit Standard SAQA Unit Standard 258923
- SAQA Unit Standard 14561-Implement Roadside Safety Procedures
- SANS Standards: 1519- (Signs retro-reflectivity), 1555-(delineators), 731- (road marking paint), 51317- (Barrier Containment Levels).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This intensive ADVANCED course is aimed at all Project Managers, Route Managers, Consultants, RRM Contractors, Traffic Safety Officers (TSO), Resident Engineers (RE), Sign Practitioners, Technologists, Technicians, SANRAL and other Project Managers, Site Supervisors and Safety Officers responsible for road safety and traffic management at road works construction sites.
Presenter Mr Andre Fabricius
Delegates can claim 10 ECSA CPD points or SACPCMP 10 CPD Hours allocatedTraffic Safety Officer Roadworks Traffic Man VirtualTraining AHF October 2020