The NEW ADVANCED Traffic Safety Officer / Roadworks Traffic Management training programme aims to provide the delegate with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them within their role as TSO and or Designer to operate and design in compliance with legislation and demonstrate competency across a full range of required duties that they would be expected to carry out during a road works project.
The course will focus on the traffic accommodation designs in compliance with legislation and site audit during construction and the practical implementation of these on the work zone.
The presenter has 30 years’ experience as a professional practitioner in the field of traffic accommodation and as an expert witness in several high court cases.
- The National Road Traffic , 1996 (Act 93 of 1996) and National Road Traffic Regulations, 2000
- South African Road Safety Manual
- SADC Road Traffic Signs Manual Volume 1 and 4
- SARTSM Volume 2 Chapter 13 (2015 Revision)
- SARTSM Volume 3 for Traffic Signals
- COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works New revision – Section A1.5 Accommodation of Traffic, A11.6 Road Signs, A11.7 Road Makings and Road Studs
- SANRAL Typical Drawings and project specifications
- SAQA Unit Standard SAQA Unit Standard 258923
- Ensure Safety at Road Work in Urban Areas
- SAQA Unit Standard 14561-Implement Roadside Safety Procedures
- SANS Standards: 1519-(Signs retro-reflectivity), 1555-(delineators), 731-(road marking paint), 51317-(Barrier Containment Levels).
The training also includes:
- Safety Control Device Audit for RE’s and TSO (as required during a court case for vehicle crash claims).
- Practical session with miniature scale modules for urban, rural and freeway roadwork conditions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is aimed at all Traffic Safety Officers (TSO), Resident Engineers (RE), Sign Practitioners, Technologists, Technicians Project Managers, Site Supervisors and Safety Officers responsible for road safety and traffic management at road works construction sites.
Presenter: Mr. Andre Fabricius
Delegates can claim 10 ECSA CPD Points or SACPCMP 10 CPD hours allocated