- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
Estimating, Costing and Pricing of Construction Tenders 15 March 2022
ERROL TATE – Contract Experience
Errol Tate has 39 years’ experience in the Civil Engineering Construction Industry, incorporating both construction and design. He was an Operations Director of one of the large listed Construction companies for 17 years and in that time, successfully delivered several World Class projects.
He has been intimately involved in many forms of contract in various jurisdictions, bespoke conditions of contract, various forms of specifications and methods of measurement and client specific specifications.
B.Sc. Eng (Civil), University of Natal, 1980
MBA, University of Durban-Westville, 1998
Certificate in Construction Adjudication, University of Pretoria, 2014
- The importance of estimating as construction skill.
- The fundamentals of estimating – the necessary information and tender documentation, drawings, Scope of Works and Bill of quantities.
- The New PPPFA Regulations
- The tools required – plant costs, performance figures, productivity records, references, etc.
- The calculation of direct costs – examples of cost and rates computation.
- The significance and calculation of P&G items.
- The tender programme & the link with pricing of P & G items.
- The assessment of on- and off-site overheads.
- The role and input of sub-contractors.
- Finalisation of a tender and distribution of mark-up.
- The preparation of the final tender document.
- Assessment of risk at tender stage
- Risk & opportunity management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendance of the course will be beneficial to all practitioners involved in Estimating, Costing and Pricing of Construction tenders, consulting engineers, contractors, sub-contractors, SMMEs and QSEs tendering and pricing departments.
Presenter: Errol Tate (Pr Eng)
Delegates can claim 1 ECSA CPD point or 3 SACPCMP hours allocated
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.