SARF Premium Members
KZN Department of Transport
SARF Sponsor Members
ARRB Systems SA
Buffalo City Municipality
Adrian Van der Merwe
Bakwena N1 N4 Toll
City of Cape Town
CSIR Smart Mobility
Nexor 312 (Pty) Ltd t/a VNA Consulting
Mr. Gerrit van Niekerk
SMEC Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
South African National Roads Agency Ltd
TRAC Trans African Concessions
Wimpie Janse van Rensburg
|LARGE Large Companies
|SARF Medium Companies
|SARF Small Companies
Free attendance of the Road Pavement Forum (RPF) twice a year (you also qualify for the CPD points offered). Members also have the opportunity to suggest relevant topics to be presented at the RPF, i.e. they have indirect influence on the RPF programme. Members received discounted rates (up to R1 000) per delegate per SARF training course.
- SARF members qualify for one CPD point a year by virtue of the fact that SARF is a recognised Voluntary Association of ECSA (see Category 3 on Page 4 of ECSA Rules).
- Members can encourage their staff to apply for the annual Bursaries/Grants that SARF Education Committee awards. The Education Committee first awards bursaries/grants to SARF members before considering the other University and University of Technology students that apply.
- Members are nominated to serve on Regional Committees where they can be part of the local team that puts together seminars and site visits (if the local committee agrees it could be to their respective organisation.
- By showing drive and dedication members can be elected to serve as vice and regional chairperson. A member can then occupy a seat on SARF Council where they can be voted to the position of Vice President, Deputy President and SARF President; each has a two year term. The SARF President’s position is a prestigious position in the Roads industry, and desirable to have on ones CV.
- At the Regional SARF meetings members can network with regional Engineers from SANRAL, Provincial Roads departments, Metros and municipalities as well as suppliers and Educational institutions
- Members can also attend the Regional and National AGM’s (where CPD points are available) Regions arrange regional Members Forums where members have the opportunity to network with politicians that have a roads, transport portfolio.
- SARF Members can apply to be part of the IRF Fellowship programme in the United States of America. This exciting programme has been developed for graduate engineers and transportation managers. The programme provides a one-time grant toward the costs of university study in fields related to the development of better and safer roads and road networks worldwide. More than 1300 students from 116 countries have benefited from these grants.
- SARF member Companies are given first option to exhibit at SARF Road Safety conferences as well as the SARF/IRF Conference scheduled every four years, the next conference is scheduled for September 2018.