- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
Intersection Optimization 15 February 2022
PRIORITY CONTROL AND TRAFFIC SIGNAL OPTIMIZATION
This course starts with an introduction to stop, roundabout and traffic signal controls.
The design of intersection geometry and traffic control depends primarily on the traffic volume at the intersection. This in turn influences the delay, capacity, queue length and level of service that will result.
International best practice in calculating these values to determine how effectively the intersection will perform will be discussed.
How the designer must then select the optimum control device from a list of twenty-eight priority and traffic signal phasing options will be explained.
The calculation and selection of all of the above can easily and accurately be determined using the software program AutoJ. This will be demonstrated.
Co-ordination / synchronization of traffic signals will also be discussed.
The course will be of value to anybody undertaking or assessing traffic impact assessments, designing intersections of any type, designing traffic signal timings or wanting to know how intersections, including Non-Motorized Transport and BRT intersections, should be operated.
The course caters for all levels of attendees, including students, traffic officers, technicians and qualified engineers with years of experience
Presenter: Dr. John Sampson (Pr Eng)
Delegates can claim 1 ECSA CPD point
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.