NEW COTO Specifications Ancillary Road Works Chapter 11 6th May 2021
The new COTO Standard Specification for Road and Bridge Works for South African Road Authorities, October 2020 was approved by the Committee of Transport Officials as a Draft Standard and will be replacing the COLTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for State Road Authorities (1998 edition). COTO Standards Specifications consist of 20 chapters. This course will cover Chapter 11: Ancillary Roadworks.
Chapter 11: This course will cover all the different sections of the Ancillary Roadworks, highlighting changes to the COLTO Standard Specification including new sections like the Road Restraint Systems with its performance guarantee requirements
The course will familiarise practitioners with the new specifications, measurement and payment items of the different sections in Chapter 11, as well as related sections in other chapters.
Practical hints relevant to specifications will be provided.
The course programme will include:
- Overview of the COTO Specifications.
- Chapter 11: Ancillary Roadworks
- Section 11.1: Pitching, Stonework and Cast in-situ Concrete for Protection Against Erosion.
- Section 11.2: Non-Structural Gabions
- Section 11.3: Guide Blocks and Kilometer Markers
- Section 11.4: Road Restraint Systems
- Section 11.5: Fencing
- Section 11.6: Road Signs
- Section 11.7: Road Marking and Road Studs
- Section 11.8: Landscaping and Planting Plants
- Section 11.9: Finishing the Road Reserve and Treating Old Roads.
Presenter : Kobus van der Walt
Delegates can claim 1 ESCA CPD pointNew COTO Specifications Ancillary Road Works Chapter 11 May 2021bj_