- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
New COTO Specifications Materials & Construction Chapters 4 & 5 24th-25th May 2021
of Earthworks and Pavement Layers – Chapters 4 and 5
SARF COTO Chapters 4 5 Course May 2021
The new COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for South African Road Authorities, October 2020 were approved by the Committee of Transport Officials as a Draft Standard and will be replacing the COLTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works for State Road Authorities (1998 edition). The Materials and Construction for Earthworks and Pavement Layers in the new Specifications differ considerably from the COLTO Specifications. They are now covered in two separate chapters, with the material requirements and sourcing (procurement) in Chapter 4, and the construction in Chapter 5. Material specifications have been revised; new materials are included, while alternative materials are also covered. The use of new technology construction is included in Chapter 5. Complete new measurement and payment items have been created in both chapters to cater for the split between the sourcing and construction. The course will familiarise practitioners with the new specifications, measurement and payment items in the two chapters, as well as related sections in other chapters.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendance of the course will be beneficial to all practitioners involved in road pavement design, investigation, construction and testing such as road authorities, consulting engineers, compilers of procurement documentation, contractors, tendering and pricing departments, and road laboratories. Commercial suppliers of materials for earthworks and pavement layers will also gain knowledge of the new material specifications. SANRAL has already decided that the new COTO Standard Specifications (2020) will be mandatory for use in their procurement documents advertised as from 1 March 2021.
Presenter: Mr. Ronnie Koen
Delegates can claim 2 ECSA CPD pointsNew COTO Materials and Construction of Earthworks and Pavement Layers Chapters 4 & 5 July 2021
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.