- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Practical User Guide For The Design Of Asphalt 24 – 25 November 2020
The purpose of this course is to serve as a practical guide for the application of the general procedure for designing asphalt mixes as set out in Sabita Manual 35/TRH8: Design and Use of Asphalt in Road Pavements, published in June 2016 and revised in February 2020. The document strives to explain the design principles described in Sabita Manual 35 to ensure that designs prepared are optimal for their application in terms of resources of constituent materials, traffic and climate. This course will emphasise the key content of the manual, cautions on limitations of some procedures and compliance requirements and gives guidance on supplementary methods or procedures to enhance the design procedure. Also, where appropriate, some background is given on the principles adopted in the method for guidance, especially to practitioners with limited experience in the design of asphalt mixes. While the focus of this document will be on the general method of design of asphalt, it will also draw the user’s attention to special considerations that should be taken into account when designing warm mix asphalt, recycled asphalt, thin asphalt wearing courses, open graded asphalt, EME (i.e. high modulus asphalt) and stone-mastic-asphalt (SMA).
Who should attend?
This course targets newly qualified Civil Engineers. Technicians and Technologists who have limited pavement design experience
Presenters : Joanne Muller and Christi Botha
Delegates can claim 1. 5 ECSA CPD pointsPractical user guide for the design of Asphalt Mixes based on SABITA Manual 24 Nov 2020bj
Sorry, Event Expired