- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
RIDING QUALITY and its effect on Road Transport 2023
ECSA CPD Service Provider: SP_035/2025
Riding quality of road pavements provides essential information regarding the condition and performance of the road. It is often prescribed as one of the performance measures of roads in a pavement management system. Riding quality is relatively simple to measure, and with appropriate analysis, the data can be used to develop a detailed understanding of the road performance.
Riding quality also affects the experience of vehicles, passengers and freight using a specific road directly. Issues such as freight damage, occupant comfort and vehicle operating costs are influenced by the level of riding quality on a road.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS COURSE
The objective of the course is to sensitize engineers, technologists, technicians and managers involved in road design, construction, maintenance and management to the concepts, measurement, analysis and effects of road riding quality.
- Introduction to road riding quality
- Definitions and concepts involved in riding quality
- Measuring riding quality
- Analysing riding quality data
- Interpreting riding quality data
- Riding quality and Vehicle-Pavement Interaction
- Effects of riding quality on road users and costs
Presenter: Julius Komba
Delegates can claim 1 ECSA CPD point
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.