- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Urban Drainage – Online Course – Local & International
Now it’s easier than ever to meet your CPD requirements with a SARF Self Study Course (SSC)! Learn with the institution that is run by the Engineering Professionals themselves.
The South African Road Federation (SARF) is an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the road industry in South Africa by dissemination of information, the promotion of sound policies and by education and training.
SARF online SSCs are designed for self-directed training, allowing participants to begin at their convenience with structured training and review exercises to reinforce learning, followed by an end-of-course assessment. Courses can be downloaded directly from the SARF website.
SARF runs numerous courses and seminars all with CPD points accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA). This latest offering covers Urban Stormwater Drainage and Free Surface Flow Modelling with many more similar courses to follow. All the SSCs are prepared by industry experts who are passionate about sharing the latest developments in their specialised field with our participant.
How it works:
– Register and pay for a course and obtain all the necessary material electronically.
– The course contains a theoretical reading section which provides background information;
– This is followed by a practical section, where the knowledge is enhanced through practical application (in some cases using software applications); and
– To obtain the CPD certificate an assessment section needs to be completed and submitted.
– The completed assessment will be graded and if it meets the minimum standards the participant will receive the CPD certificate electronically.
The following courses are available as Self Study Courses:
|Course title||SSC Number||Content||Assessment format||Anticipated time||CPD points|
|Urban Drainage||SSC-UD1||Introduction to EPASWMM||Assessment form plus data files||3 hours||0.3|
|SSC-UD2||Pre- and post-development runoff||Assessment form plus data files||3 hours||0.3|
|SSC-UD3||Surface drainage hydraulics||Assessment form plus data files||3 hours||0.3|
|SSC-UD4||Detention pond design||Assessment form plus data files||3 hours||0.3|
|SSC-UD5||Excess flow handling in EPASWMM||Assessment form plus data files||3 hours||0.3|
Any required reading/reference material will be part of the downloadable material or links will be provided where these can be downloaded electronically. All software used in the self-study courses are freeware public domain and used extensively throughout the world and in South Africa.