- Road Safety
- Road Funding
- Media Releases
- SARF Northern Region AGM And Seminar – Wednesday 14th November 2018.
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PIARC Regional Conference for Africa
- Road Safety for Engineering 18th September 2018
- 2018 SARF/IRF/PICRC – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- SARF / IRF/ PIARC Regional Conference for Africa 9th to 11th October 2018
- Northern Regional 11th Golf Day
- SARF AGM Gala Dinner 2017
- SANRAL presentation – EIA Legislation Northern Region Annual General Meeting and Seminar – 24 October 2017
- 2nd IRF Africa Regional Congress Windhoek 11 – 13 July 2017
- Managing Infrastructure Assets Course in Gauteng on July the 17th to the 19th 2017
- SARF NMT 25 May 2017
- SARF supports the World Transport Convention in China in 2017
- Northern Regional 10th Golf Day
Virtual New Advanced Traffic Safety Officer / Roadworks Traffic Management Training 3 – 4 June 2020 (2 days)
The course will focus on the traffic accommodation de
signs in compliance with legislation and site audit during construction and the practical implementation of these on the work zone.
The presenter has 31 years’ experience as a professional practitioner in the field of traffic accommodation and as an expert witness in several high court cases.
- The National Road Traffic, 1996 (Act 93 of 1996) and National Road Traffic Regulations, 2000
- South African Road Safety Manual
- SADC Road Traffic Signs Manual Volume 1 and 4
- SARTSM Volume 2 Chapter 13 (2015 Revision)
- SARTSM Volume 3 for Traffic Signals
- COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works New revision – Section A1.5 Accommodation of Traffic, A11.6 Road Signs, A11.7 Road Markings and Road Studs
- SANRAL Typical Drawings and project specifications
- SAQA Unit Standard SAQA Unit Standard 258923
- Ensure Safety at Road Work in Urban Areas
- SAQA Unit Standard 14561-Implement Roadside Safety Procedures
- SANS Standards: 1519-(Signs retro-reflectivity), 1555-(delineators), 731-(road marking paint), 51317-(Barrier Containment Levels).
The training also includes:
- Safety Control Device Audit for RE’s and TSO (as required during a court case for vehicle crash claims).
- Practical session with miniature scale modules for urban, rural and freeway roadwork conditions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is aimed at all Traffic Safety Officers (TSO), Resident Engineers (RE), Sign Practitioners, Technologists, Technicians Project Managers, Site Supervisors and Safety Officers responsible for road safety and traffic management at road works construction sites.
Presenter Mr Andre Fabricius
Delegates can claim 10 ECSA CPD points or SACPCMP 10 CPD Hours allocatedTraffic Safety Officer Roadworks Traffic Man Virtual Training 3 – 4 June 2020
Sorry, Event Expired